Moving into Teaching – Surviving your NQT year from EYFS to Year 6.
- Discussion on what makes good lessons, pupil progress and outcomes.
- Self-assessment and evaluation of current practice.
- Opportunities to discuss latest innovations in teaching and learning.
- Evaluation of current practice e.g. book trawl, observation development points or School Improvement targets.
- TASK To use at least one of the shared strategies in current practice and to feedback next session.
- To discuss strategies used and their impact on teaching and learning standards.
- Opportunities to discuss and share good practice – to discuss development points and next steps.
- Action planning advice and support to ensure continued professional development.
- To have a clear understanding of good practice in teaching and learning.
- To be able to assess and critique own practice.
- To develop confidence to explore new teaching strategies and philosophies.
- To develop personalised action plan to ensure further CPD development.
NQT’s and teachers needing to secure and develop own practice.
Crocketts Community Primary School Coopers Lane,
‘I feel more confident to try out new ideas and feel that my practise is developing and more effective.’ Trainee Teacher 2016.
Lightwoods Teaching School Alliance
Welcome to Lightwoods Teaching School Alliance. Lightwoods Primary School is a National Teaching School and National Support School. Over a number of years, the Senior Leadership Team and I have...View school
Our lady and St Huberts Teaching School Alliance
St. Hubert's School is a co-educational Catholic Voluntary Aided school for Catholic children aged between 4 and 11 years. A limited number of non-Catholic children may be admitted in accordance with...View school
Shireland Teaching School Alliance
We believe outstanding teachers absolutely make a difference. Here at Shireland we aim to make a difference to the lives and academic achievement of each and every learner. Join us and inspire a love...View school
St Francis Xavier Teaching School Alliance
A small Alliance of good and outstanding Catholic Primary schools working together to offer bespoke and high quality support and development for schools both within and outside of the...View school
St John Bosco teaching school alliance
A primary based teaching school who focus on School Direct teacher training in partnership with Newman University, delivering leadership training and development from post NQT to emergent heads...View school
The Orchard Teaching School Alliance
The Orchard Teaching School Alliance involves a network of outstanding and good schools from mainstream, special and PRU settings. Our strategic partners include the University of Wolverhampton,...View school
Wednesbury Teaching School Alliance
Wednesbury Teaching School Alliance (WTSA), which is led by Harvills Hawthorn Primary School, offers teacher training (School Direct), a range of Continued Professional Development, Specialist...View school
Wood Green Academy Teaching School Alliance
As a Cohort 1 teaching school in 2011, Wood Green Academy Teaching School Alliance (WGATSA) was one of the first 100 Teaching Schools in the country. Since then, we have built an outstanding...View school
Corngreaves Teaching School Alliance
Corngreaves Teaching School Alliance is an outstanding National Teaching School located in Sandwell in the West Midlands. With a proven track record in training and developing the next generation of...View school